Date:      Mon, 27 Aug 2018 13:28:07 +0100
From:      Mitchell <mitchell@wyatt672earp.force9.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Ryzen Build Problem

Hi Meowthink:

I'm planning a Home Build, and I came across an issue which might apply
to your design.

Some AMD CPUs are designed for Over-Clocking automatically. But when I
investigated Memory Compatibility I saw that some Memory wasn't.

The "AMD Ryzen 5 2400G" looks like it can Over-Clock itself when it
feels safe to do so.

But the "Crucial 16GB DDR4-2400 EUDIMM CL17" seems to be classified as
Server Memory, which could mean it's designed for a single speed. I
couldn't find more details about Crucial Memory Over-Clocking.

The Crucial Web Pages do feature a Help Facility which might enable you
to check further if you input all your system details.

I'm no expert here. This will be my first Home Build attempt and I
haven't even started yet. You probably need a 2nd and 3rd opinion on
this topic. I'm just hoping my contribution will prompt further comments
from FreeBSD people with more know-how than I've got.

Yours truly: Frank Mitchell