Date:      Thu, 16 Mar 1995 12:20:11 -0800 (PST)
From:      Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@ref.tfs.com>
To:        jeffh@Cybernetics.NET (Jeff Hoffman)
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Any advice from experienced hackers?

> I have will, determination, and am pretty quick to learn.  Can anyone
> recommend any books or the like that will help me on my journey?  I
> realize it will be a _WHILE_ before I can achieve any of my
> aforementioned goals, but a man can dream...

Well, I suggest you find a corner of FreeBSD and improve it.  It is far
easier to change code than to write it.  The src/TODO file contains some
ideas for things you can start to look at.  Some of them is huge&nasty,
some of them are small and easy.  If none of them sound like fun to you,
send me email, and we'll find a good little project for you.

Now, that should teach you never to volunteer again!  :-)

--
Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@login.dknet.dk> -- TRW Financial Systems, Inc.
'All relevant people are pertinent' && 'All rude people are impertinent'