Date:      Thu, 21 May 2015 22:33:30 +0000
From:      Cary <cary@SDF.ORG>
To:        "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   pkg(8) will not install new binaries

Hello everyone,

The build of webkit-gtk2-2.4.8_2 installed on my system segfaulted
frequently.  I deinstalled it and a few other packages which
required it.  As an experiment I made an attempt to reinstall
from the 2.4.9 version of webkit-gtk2 sources that were released
yesterday.  ( http://webkitgtk.org/releases/webkitgtk-2.4.9.tar.xz )

After some modifications to Makefile and distinfo the sources built
using "make" in the location www/webkit-gkt2 of the ports tree.

They won't install though.  Pkg(8) is still looking for libraries
from the latest version of the port that I deinstalled.  "make package"
halts with an error.

-
pkg-static: Unable to access file
/usr/ports/www/webkit-gtk2/work/stage/usr/local/lib/libjavascriptcoregtk-1.0.so.0.16.16:
No such file or directory
pkg-static: Unable to access file
/usr/ports/www/webkit-gtk2/work/stage/usr/local/lib/libwebkitgtk-1.0.so.0.22.14:
No such file or directory
*** [do-package] Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/www/webkit-gtk2.
*** [package] Error code 1
-

The new libraries I have staged are libjavascriptcoregtk-1.0.so.0.16.17
and libwebkitgtk-1.0.so.0.22.15.

The plist is new and seems to be accurate.
Not understanding the behavior of pkg(8) so well I anticipated
some problems might arise.

Is there anything I can do other than wait for a maintainer to update
the port?

thanks for all your help, Cary
 --
cary@sdf.org