Date:      Mon, 30 Aug 1999 11:12:05 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
To:        "Rodney W. Grimes" <freebsd@gndrsh.dnsmgr.net>
Cc:        imp@village.org (Warner Losh), bde@zeta.org.au (Bruce Evans), dynamo@ime.net, security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Not sure if you got it...

:>
:> Any objections to chflags nouflags going into the tree, modulo
:> problems with the actual code that does it?
:
:I don't have a problem with that.
:
:>
:> I'd also like to have a new flag to rm.  -F.  One -F will be
:> 	chflags nouflags foo ; rm -f foo
:> while two -F will be
:> 	chflags 0 foo ; rm -f foo
:
:I have a problem with this, it means updating 1 more chunk of code
:should the set of items in uflags change.
:
:--
:Rod Grimes - KD7CAX - (RWG25)                    rgrimes@gndrsh.dnsmgr.net

    Maybe what we need to do is allow a umask to be set for the flag bits
    in the mount.  So, for example, you would be able to specify which flag
    bits are allowed to be set on a mount-by-mount basis (both user and
    system).  Otherwise we may wind up spending the next year trying to
    'fix' security holes in scripts related to the flag bits.

					-Matt
					Matthew Dillon
					<dillon@backplane.com>