Date:      Thu, 18 Apr 2002 11:20:27 -0400
From:      <freebsd-current@tcpipbitch.net>
To:        <sos@freebsd.dk>, "'Alexander Leidinger'" <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
Cc:        <DougB@FreeBSD.ORG>, <ache@nagual.pp.ru>, <sos@FreeBSD.ORG>, <current@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: i386 ATA is very broken after sparc64 ATA mega-commit (April 5)

This won't help people using similair drives (in one of my machines)
that I am using, I have the same problem in current that I have in
RELENG_4,
It times out and drops to PIO4 mode after a few min.  I dropped
"atacontrol mode 0 pio4 none" (I only have the 1 drive on the chain)
before the fsck check in /etc/rc to avoid the timeouts and boot
normally). I'm sure there is probably a better way to do it, but I'm
lazy :)
Anyways, it=92s a maxtor drive, I can send someone the drive info if =
that
will help.  I don't have the problem though on my Western Digital ata100
drive in another machine.

Jason