Date:      Fri, 31 Jul 1998 00:00:44 +0200
From:      Ollivier Robert <roberto@keltia.freenix.fr>
To:        "'freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: What's the best way to do security?

According to Steven Yang:
> >From windows or freebsd, connect securely to a freebsd machine.
> Use X-windows.

Forget telnet, SSH[1][2] is your friend. It is a complete replacement for
rlogin/rsh/telnet/rcp with automatic X11 tunneling. It uses encryption to
ensure privacy and has several authentication schemes.

> To complicate things, we sit behind a firewall, but a non-firewall
> solution would be a great start.

Just let open the port 22 for SSH and you're in.

[1] /usr/ports/security/ssh
[2] <http://www.cs.hut.fi/ssh/>;
--
Ollivier ROBERT -=- FreeBSD: The Power to Serve! -=- roberto@keltia.freenix.fr
FreeBSD keltia.freenix.fr 3.0-CURRENT #62: Mon Jul 27 20:47:08 CEST 1998