Date:      Fri, 9 Aug 2002 10:41:27 -0400
From:      Jake Burkholder <jake@locore.ca>
To:        Paul Khavkine <paul@colba.net>
Cc:        sparc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Ultra 1

Apparently, On Thu, Aug 08, 2002 at 02:17:59PM -0400,
	Paul Khavkine said words to the effect of;

> Jake Burkholder wrote:
>
> > Apparently, On Thu, Aug 08, 2002 at 10:53:02AM -0400,
> >         Chris Jackman said words to the effect of;

> > > That's what my ultra 2 does also.  Jake Burkholder has replied previously
> > > on the list[1] that the fas scsi controller is not supported (yet?).
> > > Google tells me that the ultra 1 also has a fas scsi controller.  Perhaps you
> > > could try netbooting it.
> >
> > If its an ultra 1e with hme you can netboot it; the lance ethernet in
> > plain ultra 1s isn't supported either.
> >

> I have an Ultra1 that has a couple of LANCE cards and and ESP200 (53c9x) scsi
> controller.
>
> For the LANCE cards, we have an lnc dirver for i386, an le driver for i386, we had
> before
> an le driver for alpha TC bus. They all seem different and all seem to support
> some kinda LANCE
> based cards. Would any of them be suited for porting to sparc64/sbus or is it
> better to port the NetBSD
> driver ?

It would be nice to have only one lance driver in the tree, but I don't
know which would be easier, porting the netbsd driver or fixing up lnc.
The lnc driver would need to be modified to use busdma, and then an sbus
attachment would need to be written.

Jake