Date:      Fri, 1 Jun 2001 19:38:17 -0500 (COT)
From:      9ustavo 9onzalez 9iron <gstgnzgr@libertad.univalle.edu.co>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Creative Sound Blaster and keyboard

 Hi, i am working with FreeBSD 4.3R on my station.
 The server has a Creative Sound Blaster AudioPCI 64 V, but when i did
 the installation process, FreeBSD didn't detect it.
 I was trying to recompile the kernel to load the driver for the sound
 card, but i got a message talking about deprecated drivers or something
 like that.
 Somebody can tell me what is the rigth way to load the driver for my
 sound card???? what i have to put in the configuration file to recompile
 the kernel???

 Second Question: The idiom of my keyboard is spanish, and i configured
 using the /stand/sysinstall program. If i work in the console without
 X, the keyboard works in spanish without problem.
 But if i use a X client (gnome + enligthment), then my keyboard works in
 english. I was looking for some way to change that from the X utilities,
 but i can not find anything. Somebody knows how to do it???
 (I am using X version 4.0.3)

 Thanks a lot for any help.

         xxx-00/-xx
         xx-0 /-xxx                  UNIVERSIDAD DEL  VALLE
           0 /  0              CENTRO DE SERVICIOS DE INFORMACION
           0/   0                        SEDE MELENDEZ
           /0  0               e-mail: gstgnzgr@calvin.univalle.edu.co
         ____00____                   Telefonos: 3336450