Date:      Wed, 06 Aug 2014 09:46:28 -0500
From:      "William A. Mahaffey III" <wam@hiwaay.net>
To:        "FreeBSD Questions !!!!" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   ipfw config ....

.... I am trying to get ipfw up & running on my newly minted FreeBSD 9.3
workstation .... To that end, I added the following to my rc.conf &
typed in 'service ipfw start', & the ssh connection I was/am working
over hung/crashed ....

rc.conf:

firewall_enable="YES"
firewall_type="/etc/ipfw.conf  workstation"
firewall_quiet="NO"
firewall_logdeny="YES"
firewall_myservices="NFS,SSH,NTP"

I'm fairly sure the 1st line needs to be there, guessing about the rest.
I can't find out where logged messages are going (some come to the
screen, a few to /var/log/messages, anything else: ????). Any clues
appreciated :-) ....

--

	William A. Mahaffey III

	 ever devised by man."