Date:      Thu, 2 Sep 1999 13:18:47 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Andrzej Bialecki <abial@webgiro.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   MAC takeover

Hi,

IIRC some time ago there was a vivid discussion about ability to
change/set MAC address of Ethernet cards. I'm faced with similar problem
right now: when building high-availability configuration it would be very
handy to do MAC takeover instead of IP takeover. So, my questions follow:

* which cards support it (that have FreeBSD drivers of course)?

* is there some way to set it (I couldn't find any code in the ifconfig
nor in the kernel)?

Thanks!

Andrzej Bialecki

//  <abial@webgiro.com> WebGiro AB, Sweden (http://www.webgiro.com)