Date:      Sat, 23 Nov 2013 09:36:38 -0600
From:      Mark Felder <feld@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Opera Web Browser- Missing shlibs

On Sat, Nov 23, 2013, at 7:15, Walter Hurry wrote:
> On Sat, 23 Nov 2013 02:02:05 +0100, Polytropon wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 22 Nov 2013 21:07:49 +0000 (UTC), Walter Hurry wrote:
> >> pkg_libchk (from the admirable bsdadminscripts port) reveals:
> >>
> >> opera-12.16: /usr/local/lib/opera/liboperakde4.so misses libkdeui.so.7
> >> opera-12.16: /usr/local/lib/opera/liboperakde4.so misses libkio.so.7
> >> opera-12.16: /usr/local/lib/opera/liboperakde4.so misses
> >> libkdecore.so.7
> >>
> >> How do I find out which package(s) provide these libraries?
> >
> > Judging by the names, they belong to KDE. Those are KDE libraries that
> > will be required when you select the KDE support during the "make
> > config" screen of Opera. Opera allows you to use Qt or Gtk based dialogs
> > (can be selected from within Opera). Depending on which dialogs you
> > prefer, you could de-select KDE support and leave out those libraries.
> >
> > It should look like this (older Opera version 12.02 here):
> >
> > [X] CUPS   support for printing (requires CUPS)
> > [ ] GTK2   GTK+ 2 GUI toolkit support [X] KDE4   KDE 4 desktop
> > environment support		<=== THIS ONE!
> > [X] VIDEO  support for HTML5 video (requires GStreamer)
>
> Tkanks both, but I *did* have KDE deselected. Opera installs quite
> happily, but pkg_libchk still complains.

It is supposed to complain. We don't have the source code to Opera; we
can't recompile it and tell it to stop looking for those libraries.
Opera is built to work with either GTK or KDE libs and is dynamically
linked against both. As long as you provide GTK or KDE it will run just
fine. There probably isn't any reasonable way to teach pkg_libchk how to
understand this.