Date:      Fri, 16 Sep 2011 03:02:27 +0400
From:      =?UTF-8?B?0JXQstCz0LXQvdC40Lkg0JvQsNC60YLQsNC90L7Qsg==?= <root1101@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   A FreeBSD HTPC

    Thinking about doing an HTPC project, however I remember having
problems with an avermedia tuner way back (damn I am old). Browsed
through the hardware notes to the 8.2 and the situations seems to be
pretty desperate, I've checked GNU/Linux and it is years ahead in this
department. I also wonder if FreeBSD supports processor features like
Intel's QuickSync (it is does depend on the app, however I imagine it
does require some kernel support).
    So is the use of FreeBSD as an HTPC OS is illogical and I should use
another one?