Date:      Fri, 29 Aug 2003 23:58:17 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Kenneth Culver <culverk@yumyumyum.org>
To:        Matthias Andree <ma@dt.e-technik.uni-dortmund.de>
Cc:        Matt <matt@xtaz.co.uk>
Subject:   Re: 2 ports broken after gcc import

> Might devfs propagate ACL characteristics via /dev nodes into
> applications? Otherwise, the symptom you described would have made me
> point to the IP firewall first.

My machine that was showing the problem didn't have a firewall enabled.
I'll still mess with it some more to see what I can come up with, maybe it
was the firewall, but I don't remember having ipfilter or ipfirewall in
the kernel but it'd been a while since I edited that config file or
compiled that kernel so maybe I took out the firewall options and never
compiled, and then compiled today. (It's been about a month since I did
anything kernel related on that machine). Anyway, when I pinpoint the
problem I'll mail the list.

Ken