Date:      Tue, 5 Feb 2002 18:03:58 -0500
From:      Austin hall <ash@vectorstar.net>
To:        gnome@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Error making xscreensaver

Where do I find the GLU library? I need graphics/gle to build the
xscreensaver port, but the build for gle fails with this:

-lX11  -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lXext -pthread -lm 1>&5
configure:3117: checking for gluNewQuadric in -lGLU
configure:3136: cc -o conftest -O -pipe  -Wall   conftest.c -lGLU
-lSM -lICE -lGL -lXmu  -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lX11  -L/usr/X11R6/lib
-lXext -pthread -lm 1>&5
/usr/libexec/elf/ld: cannot find -lGLU
configure: failed program was:
#line 3125 "configure"
#include "confdefs.h"
/* Override any gcc2 internal prototype to avoid an error.  */
/* We use char because int might match the return type of a gcc2
    builtin and then its argument prototype would still apply.  */
    char gluNewQuadric();

    int main() {
    gluNewQuadric()
    ; return 0; }
    (end of "config.log")
    *** Error code 1

    Stop in /usr/ports/graphics/gle.
    *** Error code 1

    Stop in /usr/ports/x11/xscreensaver.
    *** Error code 1

Thanks.
Austin
--
All science is either physics or stamp collecting.
		-- E. Rutherford