Date:      18 Jul 2003 17:42:58 -0400
From:      Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
To:        Matthew Donadio <m.p.donadio@ieee.org>
Cc:        freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mozilla fonts totally messed up

--=-DKsOhkUk2BF4GVDQCSdB

On Fri, 2003-07-18 at 17:40, Matthew Donadio wrote:
> Volker Kindermann wrote:
> > Update to fontconfig-2.2.90_1 did not change this, at least on the 4
> > stable machine.
>=20
> Could you clarify this?  Are you saying that the fonts were working with
> fontconfig-2.2.90, and are broken now?

No, fonts in Mozilla without GTK-2 support are broken.

>=20
> Other users are having font problems, too, and they don't seem to be
> limited to Mozilla.  I can make the problem go away by backing out to
> fontconfig-2.2.1, and make it reappear when I reinstall
> fontconfig-2.2.90.

You can workaround the problem by removing /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts from
/usr/X11R6/etc/fonts/fonts.conf, then running fc-cache -f -v.  I'm
trying to get an acceptable solution after analyzing all the variables.=20
It will probably take some time, however.

Joe

--=20

--=-DKsOhkUk2BF4GVDQCSdB

--=-DKsOhkUk2BF4GVDQCSdB--