Date:      Wed, 9 Feb 2005 22:12:20 -0500
From:      "Paul Williams" <pwillia@insightbb.com>
To:        <freebsd-threads@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Question about the use of KSE

Hello,
I'm trying to make use of capabilities KSE threads offer over standard
pthreads, for example that upcalls allow for the use of blocking system
calls without blocking the entire application. I've searched extensively for
example code on how to best use KSE (libpthread.so.1 in a 6-CURRENT system),
and the only source I can find is the test code in the kernel source (the
two test case userland threading schedulers). I see in the source for
libpthread that there seems to be an UTS in the library, but I haven't been
able to figure out how to initialize and use it. The KSE man page seems to
imply that all that's necessary is to call kse_create(), but based upon the
UTS sample code I've found there seems to be a lot more work involved. Can
anyone provide links to more information on how to best use KSE, preferably
including some example source?

Thank you,
Paul Williams