Date:      Sat, 20 Dec 2008 10:37:05 +0800
From:      "Only Julien" <onlyjulien@gmail.com>
To:        FreebsdChat <freebsd-chat@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Can't find the GDM user 'gdm'???

I've installed Gnome and added "gdm_enable="YES"" in /etc/rc.conf,
then everytime system boots, it says:
gdm-binary[939]: WARNING: gdm_config_parse: Can't find the GDM user
'gdm'. Aborting!
gdm_config_parse: Can't find the GDM user 'gdm'. Aborting!
Then GDM cannot correctly start..
Anyway, after I login, I still can start gnome by "startx"...
But what's wrong with my GDM???
I've checked /ect/passwd and /ect/group, there's no gdm in them. So I
added it manually simply copy from /etc/passwd.bak, and then reboot,
the error remains the same...

Talking about user, I realize something is wrong with adduser too...
When I try to add a new user(no matter by "adduser" or "pw"), I failed
everytime... And it says:
pw: user 'onlyjulien' disappeared during update
adduser: ERROR: There was an error adding user (onlyjulien).
When I try to add user (onlyjulien) again, it says "pw: user
'onlyjulien' already exists". But if I try to login as "onlyjulien",
it says login incorrect...

I remember that, some errors occured when I install FreeBSD 7.0
release via CDs. There's something wrong with CD2, some packages
hadn't been installed because some data lost...
And I copied something to /home/root/, then the disk was full...But I
didn't realise it. After this, I try to add new user, but I failed
because of no more space left. Then I delected some files in
/home/root/ to make some free space, and then adduser again, that was
when I started to fail everytime...

What is this all about???
How can I fix those problems??