Date:      Mon, 29 Sep 2003 14:38:38 -0500
From:      "Christopher M. Hobbs" <chobbs@siloamsprings.com>
To:        FreeBSD-Questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Laptop and DHCP

Greetings!

I suppose this is a newbie question, but I figured I'd give these lists a
shot.

I just installed FreeBSD 5.0 on my laptop, and I have a 3COM Megahertz
PCMCIA card (Model 3CCE589ET to be exact).  I have a cable modem (I'm using
DCHP with that) that goes into a Linksys router and 4 port switch (serving
up DHCP internally), then into a Linksys hub.  All of the other computers
on the network can access the internet just fine, and are assigned IPs
without a problem.  I just can't seem to get this laptop onto the network
for some reason.

I only have 3 other computers on the network.  2 Linux (Mandrake and
Slackware) boxes, and one WinXP Pro box.  One of the linux boxes is on the
hub with this laptop.

Any idea what I need to do to set this up to access the internet?

Thanks in advance for any help you may be able to provide!

Regards,
C.M. Hobbs

This e-mail was scanned by RAV Antivirus. (www.ravantivirus.com)