Date:      Mon, 3 Apr 1995 12:40:22 +0200
From:      jg@euronet.nl (Jan_Guldemond)
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Lame delegation

Hi,

When using my proxy-server it gave the next message:
Apr  3 12:00:34 host named[65]: lame delegation to 'YAHOO.com' from
[131.119.246.6] (server for 'YAHOO.COM'?) on query on name 'www.yahoo.com'

I've looked what 131.119.246.6 is and it is NIC2.BARRNET.NET.
This host is not in my named-boot files so it got the name/IP-number of this
name-server somewhere else. Does anyone know what this lame delegation means?

BTW The namelookup goes fine and the connection is made. But I do not
understand the message about 'lame delegation'. Is this a problem of my own
server of the problem of one of the other hosts on the Internet?

Bye!