Date:      Wed, 16 Dec 2020 14:27:08 +0100
From:      Peter <peter@flytrace.com>
To:        Tomasz CEDRO <tomek@cedro.info>
Cc:        freebsd-enlightenment@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: E on FreeBSD: enligthenment stopped working after pkg upgrade

Hi!

I've updated my packages (from 'latest' repo) the 11 December. Then I
built EFL 1.25.1 and E 0.24.2 from sources and installed the both. I'm
working every day on this install and I did not see any troubles. I've
just tested new ports for these versions on my test PC and I did not see
any problem there neither. The both computers are on FreeBSD 12.1.

So, I suppose that something went wrong with your update. I recommend
you to rebuild EFL and E with debug support (there is an article on
enlightenment.org with the procedure), start E from command line and
attach a debugger (you'll need the last GDB from ports). Then you try to
get the BT from E. Then (if the reason is still not clear for you) you
can post the BT to enlightenment-users@lists.sourceforge.net asking for
help.

BTW, what is the problem with jpeg2k? Did you have jpeg2k v.1 installed
when you try to build EFL? There is a conflict between v.1 and v.2
headers, you cannot have both installed when you build from sources
anything that needs jpeg2k.

Best regards,

Peter