Date:      Mon, 2 Aug 2004 13:09:14 +0100
From:      Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>
To:        "Edwin D. Vinas" <edwinv@asti.dost.gov.ph>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Can't file transfer via Bluetooth in FreeBSD

--7ZAtKRhVyVSsbBD2

On Mon, Aug 02, 2004 at 06:04:14PM +0800, Edwin D. Vinas wrote:
=20
> Thanks Matthew for the reply. But, its sad to say that I can't find any=
=20
> "openobex" ports in my machine.
>=20
> banao# ls /usr/ports/comms/openobex
> ls: /usr/ports/comms/openobex: No such file or directory
>=20
> I thought of actually using this openobex port but do you know how to fin=
d the=20
> ports if its not in the distribution? Im using FreeBSD-5.2 and KDE 3.0. I=
m=20
> actually searching the web for it but some sites dont have a link to the=
=20
> files to be downloaded. In case you know where to find the installer that=
=20
> would really work for FreeBSD-5.2, please send the link to me.

You have an out of date ports tree: openobex has been in ports for
some 4 months now:

    http://www.freebsd.org/ports/comms.html#openobex-1.0.1

You're also running a deprecated version of FreeBSD -- there were some
serious bugs in version 5.2 which necessitated the release of 5.2.1
shortly afterwards.

I advise you to install cvsup --

    # pkg_add -r cvsup-without-gui

and then use that to get an up to date copy of the ports tree.  While
you're at it, also install portupgrade(1) as that will make
maintaining your installed ports into a doddle.

Instructions from the Handbook are here:

    http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/ports-using.h=
tml
    http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/cvsup.html

and a series of articles which give some very useful hints and tips
are here:

    http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/a/bsd/2003/08/07/FreeBSD_Basics.html
    http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/a/bsd/2003/08/28/FreeBSD_Basics.html
    http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/a/bsd/2003/09/18/FreeBSD_Basics.html