Date:      Tue, 19 Oct 1999 16:22:38 -0400 (EDT)
From:      danh@wzrd.com (Dan Harnett)
To:        neilson@purple.nugate.com (D. Alex Neilson)
Cc:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: apache server can't spawn child processes

Hello,

In your httpd.conf file, what do you have MaxRequestsPerChild set
to?  It is possible you have this set too low.  It is set to 30 by
default I believe in a stock Apache (not using the ports system),
and you will see that error on a heavily loaded server.  Try increasing
it to 10000000 or so.

Dan Harnett