Date:      Fri, 27 Nov 1998 14:38:07 -0500 (EST)
From:      Alfred Perlstein <bright@hotjobs.com>
To:        Andres Krapf <dae@via.ecp.fr>
Cc:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>, multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG, support@opensound.com
Subject:   Re: top weirdness

On Fri, 27 Nov 1998, Andres Krapf wrote:

> my snes9x sound problem didn't go away, but now the top display is
> correct.
> thanks,

I'm still having weirdness with x11amp, I haven't been able to garner any
information from ktrace that seemed out of place, nor with 'time'

This is on two seperate boxes with two different sound systems (MSS vs
SB16)

I'm wondering if anyone else tracking -current has seen weird behavior in
apps recently.

Basically, x11amp seems to be getting 'lagged', meaning it seems to
respond for 1/2 sec, then it's dead for 1/2 second.  I'm kinda suspecting
something in IPC because it seems x11 calls are somehow being batched then
sent all at once to it.  But i haven't seen this with any other app :(

Sorry this is lacking of information but i can't think of anything to
trace it with.

I'm cc'ing to the support address of opensound.com.

-Alfred