Date:      Thu, 16 Dec 1999 22:42:55 +0100 (CET)
From:      lkoeller@cc.fh-lippe.de
To:        FreeBSD-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Subject:   ports/15523: grace-5.03g still don't build (see http://bento.freebsd.org/errorlogs/)

>Number:         15523
>Category:       ports
>Synopsis:       Motif/Lesstif not found when grace-5.0.3g is build
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Environment:

	Upcomming FreeBSD-3.4 Release i384

	The error log on

	  http://bento.freebsd.org/errorlogs/3-full/grace-5.0.3g.log

	seems trying to build the grace port without the motif/lesstif
	interface and runs into trouble.

	This problem exists since 3.3-RELEASE and I can't reproduce it at home!
	Building grace without the graphical userinterface is really nonsense,
	so I set

	  REQUIRE_MOTIF=  YES

	in the ports Makefile.

	Even if I build it with lesstif or Motif installed and the right entry
	in /etc/make.conf it builds and runs well on several machines at home
	and work.

	The problem seems to be a error in the test procedure on bento.

>How-To-Repeat:

	Try to build it on bento. -> Error!

	Try to build it on a fresh installed Machine with lesstif/motif
	installed and /etc/make.conf set up corretly -> Works!

>Fix:

	Don't know. I suspect /etc/make.conf is not set correctly in the
	ports-building-test-scripts on bento.