Date:      Mon, 10 Sep 2001 17:49:40 -0400
From:      "Chad Leigh, Shire.Net LLC" <chad@shire.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   question about "disklabel"

Hi

On 4.4-RC4 and on 4.2-RELEASE, I am trying to use "disklabel" to edit the
label of a disk.  The disk had been part of a ccd disk before the machine
had some (non disk related) problems and got rebuilt.  I installed FreeBSD
from scratch. I went to recreate the ccd and it gives me errors.  I am
looking to edit the disk label.

I get

disklabel: Operation not supported by device
re-edit the label? [y]: n
xxx#

I can edit the raw -r label but I get the same message but it does take
effect.

I am trying to salvage the info on this disk and any pointer or help would
be appreciated.

Thanks
Chad