Date:      Thu, 17 Oct 1996 06:24:15 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Eric J. Schwertfeger" <ejs@bfd.com>
To:        dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu
Cc:        Brian Stewart <bstewart@student.longview.cc.mo.us>, freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Does FreeBSD 2.1.5 support a QFA 700 Tape Backup drive and controller

On Wed, 16 Oct 1996, Doug White wrote:

> On Mon, 14 Oct 1996, Brian Stewart wrote:
>
> > I have a QFA 700 tape backup drive and controller card and I would like
> > to use it in my 2.1.5 box to back the system up.  My question is... does
> > 2.1.5 support it?
>
> Probably not, unless it's a SCSI tape; then the question is if the
> controller's supported.

The QFA 700 is QIC-02, so it should work with the wt0 driver, provided you
can find a jumper-configured controller to use it with.  Most QFA 700's
I've seen come with a software configured controller, so you'd have to set
up your FreeBSD machine to boot dos, run any configuration software, then
boot FreeBSD.  I've seen this done with Linux, but not FreeBSD, no reason
it can't be done that I know of.