Date:      Fri, 26 Mar 1999 15:23:45 PST
From:      "Rev. Andrew Mudd" <revandrew@hotmail.com>
To:        newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Panic: Page Fault

I managed to get a screen dump of it this time, perhaps this will help:

DEBUG: ioctl(3, TIOCCONS, NULL) = 0 (success)
DEBUG: Found a network device named lp0
nca1/1/0 (cd0) timed out
nca1/1/0 (cd0) timed out

fault virtual address   = 0x8
fault code              = supervisor read, page not present
instruction pointer     = 0x8:0xf01e9d4f
stack pointer           = 0x10:0xefbffcd4
frame pointer           = 0x10:0xefbffce0
code segment            = base 0x0, limit 0xfffff, type 0x1b
                        = DPL 0, pres 1, def32 1, gran 1
processer eflags        = interrupt enabled, resume, IOPL = 0
current process         = 1 (sysinstall)
interrupt mask          = bio

anyone else have any ideas?
-Rev. Andrew
>From: Bill Swingle <unfurl@dub.net>
>To: "Rev. Andrew Mudd" <revandrew@hotmail.com>
>Subject: Re: Panic: Page Fault
>Date: Fri, 26 Mar 1999 08:57:38 -0800
>
>I have seen this before with bad floppies. Get a new floppy and try it
>again. Of course I have seen this happen with perfectly good floppies
>too. Hrmm.
>
>-Bill
>
>On Fri, Mar 26, 1999 at 08:01:41AM -0800, Rev. Andrew Mudd wrote:
>> When I try to install BSD 2.2.6 on a Packard Bell Vectra VL2 4/50
(486,
>> 50mhz), it boots fine from the boot floppy until it gets to the blue
>> "probing, please wait..." screen. Then it gives me "Panic: Page
Fault"