Date:      Mon, 14 Apr 2003 07:33:10 +0200
From:      Andreas Klemm <andreas@freebsd.org>
To:        Jd <jd@jackdan.net>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 2 questions...

--PEIAKu/WMn1b1Hv9

On Sun, Apr 13, 2003 at 03:14:42PM -0400, Jd wrote:
> On a more BSD question, with freeBSd 4.8 release, does anyone else get=20
> an error after installing mozilla (no running window found)? If so any=20
> workarounds?  Yes I updated my port tree.

You have to rebuild the font cache as root (!!!)

	root# fc-cache -v -f

Otherwise no application will run, that uses the fontcache
(lots of applications: xchat2, gimp, ...).

I found this fix via searching in Google for the error message.
Though the writer stated out, that it doesn't fix things for
him it actually does !

Best regards

	Andreas ///

--=20
Andreas Klemm - Powered by FreeBSD 4.8-STABLE
Need a magic printfilter today ? -> http://www.apsfilter.org/

--PEIAKu/WMn1b1Hv9

--PEIAKu/WMn1b1Hv9--