Date:      Thu, 5 Jul 2001 21:37:20 -0700
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
Cc:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>, Jordan Hubbard <jkh@osd.bsdi.com>, obrien@NUXI.com, des@ofug.org, Jim.Pirzyk@disney.com, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: chgrp broken on alpha systems

--IS0zKkzwUGydFO0o

On Thu, Jul 05, 2001 at 08:07:40PM -0700, Matthew Jacob wrote:
>=20
>=20
> On Thu, 5 Jul 2001, Kris Kennaway wrote:
>=20
> > On Thu, Jul 05, 2001 at 04:12:22PM -0700, Jordan Hubbard wrote:
> > > Since David's busy, I'm working on it now.  Just some build issues to
> > > be worked out since warnings were made fatal recently.
> >=20
> > What problems?  There shouldn't be any fatalities from warnings unless
> > people have marked something with WARNS prematurely.
>=20
> ROTFLH

*sigh* Matt, this isn't helping: if you have something meaningful to
say here, then please say it.  In case it's slipped you by, people are
concerned about improving the quality of code on the Alpha -- I don't
own one and probably never will, but I (and a number of other "i386
people") have been trying to do our bit to improve portability by
fixing warnings and cast mismatches.

Or I could go back and do other things and leave you Alpha people
alone to bitch and complain amongst yourselves about how no-one cares
about the FreeBSD/Alpha port.

Maybe we're going about it the wrong way -- this is the discussion
we're trying to have in this thread.  Your attention and comments
would be appreciated, if you care to give them.

Kris

--IS0zKkzwUGydFO0o

--IS0zKkzwUGydFO0o--