Date:      Wed, 11 Sep 1996 23:02:27 -0700
From:      "J. Philip Thomas" <jpthomas@earthlink.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   "Network is unreachable"

Hi!
	I just tried to install FreeBSD on a Pentinum 100.  The
installation seem to go just fine, except for the network piece.  I have
a 3Com 3C503, using the UTP connector.  I set the card as per a previous
example, "0x280, irq 5, 0xd8000", and "land2" in the /etc/sysconfig
file.  The system seems to recognize the card, but fails to connect to
the network.  I even get a message that an unknown router (the right
router address) has sent a packet.  I have searched the FreeBSD
questions and have found a number of these questions, but no answers.  I
am sure that it has to do with the way I have the card/network
configured, but I need help.  Thank you very much for your kind help and
assistance!!!   I remain,

			Respectfully,
			philip