Date:      Thu, 23 Nov 2006 15:52:19 +0100
From:      Ivan Voras <ivoras@fer.hr>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: php in free(): error: junk pointer, too high to make sense

Dominik Zalewski wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm using FreeBSD 6.1 release on i386. I have a problem with pear and apache.
> Here is what I'm getting:
>
> [root@silicon ~]# pear list
> Installed packages, channel pear.php.net:
> Package        Version State
> Archive_Tar    1.3.1   stable
> Console_Getopt 1.2     stable
> DB             1.7.6   stable
> Date           1.4.7   stable
> Log            1.9.9   stable
> PEAR           1.4.11  stable
> XML_RPC        1.5.0   stable
> php in free(): error: junk pointer, too high to make sense
> Abort trap: 6 (core dumped)
>
> apache 2.2.3 and php-4.4.4_1 is working fine but everytime I restart it throws
> core dump.
>
> Any ideas?

See a recent thread in freebsd-ports mailing list. It may be related to
a known problem with PHP which is exposed by certain ordering of
extensions in extensions.ini. Try reversing the order of extensions, put
session extension on the top, just before mysql or something else -
there doesn't seem to be a rule about it.