Date:      Wed, 16 Feb 2005 23:02:16 -0800
From:      Tom Samplonius <tom.samplonius@gmail.com>
To:        =?ISO-8859-1?Q?S=F8ren_Schmidt?= <sos@deepcore.dk>
Cc:        fcash@sd73.bc.ca
Subject:   Re: UPDATE: ATA mkIII first official patches - please test!

On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 14:41:10 +0100, S=F8ren Schmidt <sos@deepcore.dk> wrote=
:
> Freddie Cash wrote:
> >>New version that fixes known problems so far etc now available:
> >

> > Just curious if this includes support for new chipsets or not.  Not a
> > big deal if it doesn't, just curious.
> >
> > I've got a Toshiba laptop that, unfortunately, uses the ATI IGP/IXP
> > chipset, which only gets detected as UDMA33 (which is fine for my
> > uses, so I'm not complaining).  If this is supported, I'd be more than
> > willing to lose ATAPICAM support to use it.  :)
>=20
> Its not (yet) as I dont have any such HW here yet.

  I would like to get involved in adding some support.  I've looked
over the Linux 2.4 patch to add support for the ATI RS300 chipset
(I've added the link to the PR on this issue).  Most of the patch is
adding feature display stuff, and the key bits are pretty small.

  But where do the chipset specifiic interfaces in FreeBSD reside?=20
Can you provide any advice?

  Also, do you want a ATI RS300 chipset based system?  Would an ASUS
Pundit-R barebones unit (just a case and mb) be sufficent?

> --
>=20
> -S=F8ren
>=20