Date:      Fri, 17 Jul 2015 14:27:32 +0930
From:      "O'Connor, Daniel" <darius@dons.net.au>
To:        Rick Macklem <rmacklem@uoguelph.ca>
Cc:        FreeBSD Current <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: -current broken when src is on NFS

> On 16 Jul 2015, at 21:41, Rick Macklem <rmacklem@uoguelph.ca> wrote:
> r285066 fixed a POLA violation w.r.t. the old NFS client where the new
> client didn't return an EEXIST error return for symlink or mkdir to =
userland.
> The behaviour of not returning this error to userland (which was =
inherited from
> OpenBSD and was not the behaviour of the old FreeBSD NFS client but =
was default
> for the new NFS client) can be enabled via:
> vfs.nfs.ignore_eexist=3D1
>=20
> You could try setting that sysctl and seeing if it makes any =
difference?
>=20
> That is the only recent change to the NFS client that *might* affect =
this.

No dice :(

It's pretty weird, it bombs out if either src or obj is on NFS..
But even weirder is that if I build with crochet (a wrapper for cross =
building to arm) it works. It doesn't work if I cross build manually and =
I haven't been able to determine why crochet works yet.

Reaaaally frustraing :(

> To be honest, I have no idea what the correct behaviour for "//" in a =
pathname is?

Nothing, they just get eaten. This isn't AmigaDOS! :)

--
Daniel O'Connor
are so many of them to choose from."