Date:      Wed, 17 Jan 96 14:28:28 EST
From:      fcawth@squid.umd.edu (Fred Cawthorne)
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   HP CD Recorder anyone??

I was just looking at this HP SureStore CD-Writer on the HP web page and
I had a few questions:

What are the chances that this thing could be made to work with FreeBSD?
This drive seems very nice, and there is extensive programming
documentation on the HP web page, so I would think it would be a good
thing to support.  Also, does anybody know where you can get the drive
mail-order for under $1000??

When you create a cdrom (when such a thing is possible...), I guess you
make a directory tree like you want on the CD, then use mkisofs to
generate an image file, then write this to the disk.  Is this correct?
(i.e. Will I need 1.2GB free to make a 600Meg CDROM??)

Thanks,
 Fred.