Date:      Thu, 03 Jun 2004 12:40:30 -0400
From:      Michael Bennett <mibenne2@vt.edu>
To:        vivek@khera.org
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   FreeBSD Port: postfix-2.1.1,1

I've discovered that the "postfix-2.1.1,1" port will always try to install
OpenLDAP 2.1 as "ldap.2" regardless if OpenLDAP 2.2 is installed.  To repeat:

1. Install OpenLDAP 2.2
2. Install postfix with "make USING_OPENLDAP_VER=22"
3. Postfix will then fail to detect "ldap.2" and attempt to install
OpenLDAP 2.1

The problem is somewhat similar to this one with PHP:

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-ports-bugs/2003-July/008676.html

I would submit a patch, but there are no references to "LIB_DEPENDS+=
ldap.2" in the Postfix port.  I am unfamiliar with how ports is laid out,
but I was unable to find a similar line using grep.

Michael Bennett
mibenne2@vt.edu