Date:      Wed, 5 Feb 2003 01:04:20 -0500
From:      Andrew J Caines <A.J.Caines@halplant.com>
To:        Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
Cc:        Andrew J Caines <A.J.Caines@halplant.com>, FreeBSD GNOME Users <gnome@freebsd.org>, FreeBSD ports <FreeBSD-Ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: galeon 1.2.7 with mozilla-devel build fails with GaleonWrapper.cpp

Joe,

Thanks for the speedy reply.

> Did you specify WITH_MOZILLA=mozilla-devel-gtk2 when you built galeon2?

Yes, for the galeon2 port. I have since removed galeon2 and am attempting
to install galeon port, in case that wasn't clear from my first message.

> You need to do this, and have mozilla-headers-devel and
> mozilla-devel-gtk2 installed.

The mozilla packages I mentioned resulted from the installation of the
mozilla-devel-gtk2 port:

> > mozilla-1.3a_1,1    The open source, standards compliant web browser
> > mozilla-headers-1.3a_1,1 Header files for mozilla communicator web-surfboard

mozilla-devel-gtk2 is not needed for galeon and is not a valid value for
WITH_MOZILLA according to the galeon Makefile, so does having it - as
opposed to mozilla-devel - make a differenct to the galeon build?

I am not clear of how the build process uses the installed version of
mozilla and/or the mozilla port build.

I don't mind removing the existing mozilla packages to test, but building
is a slow process on my poor tired system[1].

[1] http://halplant.com:88/systems.html

-Andrew-