Date:      Mon, 20 Feb 2006 23:06:24 +0100
From:      pbdlists@pinboard.com
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Edgeport USB-serial device

Hello,

Anybody ever tried to run one of the following usb-serial devices on a
FreeBSD 5/6 box? Does it work out of the box, not work at all, work with
some driver code adjustments?

There is something about ETHERPORT4 in /usr/src/sys/dev/usb/usb_quirks.c
and /usr/src/sys/dev/usb/usbdevs, but I'm not sure it's the same
Edgeport I'm looking at; the code says vendor INSIDEOUT, while I'm
looking at a product by Digi.

Edgeport/412 USB to 4 port USB and 12 port DB-9
Edgeport/416 USB to 4 port USB and 16 port DB-9
Edgeport/8 USB to 8 port RS-232 DB-9
see http://www.digi.com/products/usb/edgeport.jsp

Thanks,

Kurt