Date:      Tue, 30 May 1995 10:13:07 GMT
From:      freebsd@netcraft.co.uk (Mike Prettejohn)
To:        hardware@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   HP C1533A DDS2 DAT Unit

In message <m0sG1NU-000PZoC@tartufo.pcs.dec.com> Michael Elbel writes:

> Also, has anybody had experience with the 4-16 GB HP C1533A
> DDS drives?

Exactly the question that I wanted to ask. Also it seems that HP is
currently selling more than one 4-16 DDS2 drive; as well as the C1533A
there is the SureStore 6000e (HP C1529F) and I'm not sure if there is
a technical difference. I was told by HP's UK Information Centre that
the C1533A is an OEM drive; presumably its one that they sell to OEM's
rather than one that was made by an OEM. The SureStore 6000e spec crudely
looks the same as the C1533A, with some Windows backup software bundled,
but it would be reasuring to hear from someone who knows the difference
between the two products and has used one or other of them with FreeBSD.

Mike
--
Mike Prettejohn