Date:      Tue, 29 Dec 2009 11:54:43 -0500
From:      "Rod Person" <rodperson@rodperson.com>
To:        "Eduardo Morras" <emorras@xroff.net>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: fpc on FreeBSD?

On Tue, 29 Dec 2009 11:16:29 -0500, Eduardo Morras <emorras@xroff.net>
wrote:
>> Is fpc's IDE usable, like good ol' TP6 and 7, never mind Delphi?  Docs
>> seem vast, I'm wondering if there's a simple guide to basic compilation,
>> but basically I'd just like to hear that it's working ok for someone and
>> is worth the learning curve?
>
> Yes, it is usable, but there are other ides. You can try Lazarus, f.ex.
>
> Also, you can ask at the fpc lists, where there are better chances of
> help.

Lazarus is like Delphi 5 or 7. I actually used it 4 or 5 years ago to port
some
Delphi code to FreeBSD and it worked pretty well.

I used Lazarus and FPC to create a GUI cd burner for FreeBSD and a front
end to a
mysql db for tracking my album collection - but I moved to python so
haven't used
it in 4 years or so.

Rod

--
if i was cool and a mindless slave to trends and fashion, this would be
sent from my iPhone, but it's not.