Date:      Sun, 30 Aug 2015 08:29:27 -0400
From:      Ernie Luzar <luzar722@gmail.com>
To:        =?UTF-8?B?0KDRg9GB0LvQsNC9INCR0YPRgNGF0LDQvdC+0LI=?= <r100500b@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: how to change daily cron emails to go to user account instead of root

Руслан Бурханов wrote:
> man cron
>
>      -m mailto
>              Overrides the default recipient for cron mail.  Each
> crontab(5)
>              without MAILTO explicitly set will send mail to the
> mailto mail‐
>              box.  Sending mail will be disabled by default if mailto
> set to a
>              null string, usually specified in a shell as '' or "".
>
> So you just can add this option on cron flags from rc.conf, like:
>
> cron_flags="-m 'root@mymail.com <mailto:root@mymail.com>'"
>
> and restart cron daemon.

snip

This method seemed the simplest so I gave it a try.
The host has a user account called bob. I want  all cron email to go to
bob and not root.
I use postfix and sendmail is disabled.

I put   cron_flags="-m bob"     in /etc/rc.conf and rebooted the host.
Next morning the daily cron email still went to root.

1. Is there a way to scan rc.conf to verify all the included options are
valid and accepted?
2. Since root and bob are on the same host is @mydomain really required?
3. Any ideas why it did not work and no errors were generated?