Date:      Tue, 5 Feb 2019 00:45:26 +0700
From:      Eugene Grosbein <eugen@grosbein.net>
To:        Luciano Mannucci <luciano@vespaperitivo.it>, ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Deregister a port?

04.02.2019 19:14, Luciano Mannucci wrote:

> Is there a way to deregister a port without touching port's files?
>
> The only way I see is build my own version without install, run
> pkg delete end then make install on the source tree I'm managing
> myself.
>
> This leaves me without the package functionality while installing,
> wich is not desirable on production server.
>
> Any ideas?

Use "make -DDISABLE_CONFLICTS" just like portupgrade does.
If this is not enough, please be more precise describing your problem
and do not forget to show build error log that you get without pkg delete.

Also read pkg-install(8) and pkg.conf(5) manual pages and consider copying
existing PKG_DBDIR to alternative directory like /opt/db/pkg
and using it by means of env PKG_DBDIR=/opt/db/pkg make -C /path/to/yourownport