Date:      Thu, 21 Nov 1996 18:41:10 +0200 (GMT)
From:      Thamer Al-Herbish <shadows@whitefang.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Help with unsupported JDK

On Wed, 20 Nov 1996, Doug White wrote:

> Just copy your libc.so.2.2 to libc.so.3.0.  They aren't that
> different.
>
> 3.0 is included with 2.1.6 and later versions of FreeBSD.

unfortunately this didnt work for me, I believe it couldnt resolve a
"thread_init" function of sorts. I take it libc.so.3.0 will have threads?
(Do I hear POSIX here..)

Basically it seems the port of the jdk requires this function to be
present in your libc, I'm wondering if its feasible to just get libc 3.0
and use that on a 2.1.5 ...