Date:      Fri, 18 Jan 2008 16:57:54 +1100
From:      Peter Jeremy <peterjeremy@optushome.com.au>
To:        "Daniel O'Connor" <doconnor@gsoft.com.au>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org, John Baldwin <jhb@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: kldstat causes kernel to print odd message

--54u2kuW9sGWg/X+X

On Fri, Jan 18, 2008 at 08:17:40AM +1030, Daniel O'Connor wrote:
>On Fri, 18 Jan 2008, John Baldwin wrote:
>> amd64 uses link_elf_obj.c, all the other archs use link_elf.c, hence
>> the duplication.

Then why does amd64 need link_elf.c at all?

>I guess one option would be to put #ifdef amd64 around the error message=
=20
>in link_elf.c.

If there's a possibility that multiple ELF linkers could be required in
the future, a cleaner option might be to make link_elf_error() just cache
the error message and only report it after all possible linkers have
refused to load the file.

--=20
Peter Jeremy

--54u2kuW9sGWg/X+X