Date:      Wed, 1 May 1996 11:44:18 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        matt@nexus.xanadu2.net
Cc:        terry@lambert.org, matt@xanadu2.net, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Strange httpd behavior....

[ connection response delays in networking code when 2nd drive added ... ]

>      1 - Pentium 120
>      40meg ram
>      Adaptec 2940w PCI SCSI Controller
>      2 - Digital DSP3210 2.2 gig SCSI-2s
>      1 4xCD-ROM, Sony SCSI

Sorry for the delay in response... and after I was the one who asked
for more information.

I can't explain why adding a second SCSI disk could cause this
problem, unless it's a "green" disk that has spun down.

Most likely, there is a tagged command queue problem.  Depending on
which version of kernel you are running, you may need to enable
*at least* as many queues as you have drives.  On the other hand,
it may be a bad queue interaction if they are enabled by default
(I don't have a 2940 -- I run NCR controllers), in which case
you might need to disable them.

Basically: toggle the things and see if it helps.

If you still have problems, you'll need to contact the driver
maintainer.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---