Date:      Sun, 27 Dec 1998 07:13:20 -0800
From:      "Randy A. Katz" <randyk@ccsales.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Mirroring - cvsup/mirror

Hi,

Did not get any answers on this...is the wording OK?

Hello,

I would like to get a local copy of ftp.freebsd.org:/pub/FreeBSD

I would like to update in periodically like cvsup-mirror says it does...or
like mirror says it does.

The question I have for cvsup-mirror is how to setup the directories. I
have a disk3 on the machine I am working with, my config.sh has this in it:

distribs="distrib.self .. . FreeBSD.cvs /disk3/pub/FreeBSD .
FreeBSD-crypto.cvs
/disk3/pub/FreeBSD/FreeBSD-CVS . FreeBSD-www.current /disk3/pub/FreeBSD/www
. FreeBSD-gnats.current /disk3/pub/FreeBSD/gnats gnats FreeBSD-mail.current
SKIP ."

But I am not sure this will do all the RELEASE's and everything...can
anyone comment on this?

mirror, I am sure will just straight copy whatever has changed so that
should be pretty straight forward...what are you using?

The purpose for this archive BTW is in order to do local installs without
having to make the 'net suffer...and the FreeBSD site, later, if bandwidth
permits, we might open it up to being one of the mirrors...on the list.

Thank you,
Randy Katz