Date:      Wed, 26 Jun 1996 23:25:54 GMT
From:      James Raynard <fqueries@jraynard.demon.co.uk>
To:        beau@webmaster.com
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org

> >1)  Did you use an ERROR-FREE floppy?

More particularly, did you use a brand new floppy, straight out of the
box, obtained from a reputable source?

> >3)  Did you boot back to MS-DOS mode if running Win95?

Did you really reboot, not just shell out to DOS from within Win95?

> All of these solutions failed to correct my problem.  Is there anything else
> I can do to correct this problem?

Here's a couple more ideas, which may or may not help:-

Try a less aggressive set of cache options in the BIOS. (NB make a
note of the original ones before you start changing anything!)

Did you create the boot floppy on the same machine you're installing
to? Do you have any other machines you can try it out on?

--
James Raynard, Edinburgh, Scotland
james@jraynard.demon.co.uk