Date:      Sun, 5 May 2002 13:59:41 +0200
From:      Axel Scheepers <axel@axel.truedestiny.net>
To:        ozdemir dogan <ozdemirdgn@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mouse problem under x (please don't answer problem solved by changing protocol to auto)

On Sat, May 04, 2002 at 01:48:49PM -0700, ozdemir dogan wrote:
> --- ozdemir dogan <ozdemirdgn@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >    Hi I have a problem with my mouse under X.I am
> > using FreeBSD 4.5 on amd athlon 1400 and Nvidia
> > Geforce2 MX400.Problem is Under X when I move the
> > mouse it goes to right side and don't move any
> > more.In
> > xf86config I did mouse device /dev/sysmouse.
> >    What must I do?
> >    Thank you

Hi,

You could try to bypass the FreeBSD mouse driver and use the X mouse driver=
=20
instead. To do this, substitute /dev/sysmouse in your /etc/XF86Config with
the actual mouse port you use ( /dev/psm0 for ps2) and change the protocol
accordingly. You might try out several different protocol values, to see
what one acts best. (e.g. Intellimouse, PS/2 etc..)

> >=20
> >=20

Gr,
--=20