Date:      Fri, 01 Dec 2000 00:57:09 +0100
From:      "Jose M. Alcaide" <jose@we.lc.ehu.es>
To:        John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        rnordier@FreeBSD.org, stable@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: The trouble with boot0

John Baldwin wrote:

> Look at the geometry in your BIOS setup and make sure that the geometry fdisk
> uses matches the geometry in your BIOS exactly.  If it doesn't, then you will
> have to re-partition with the correct geometry I'm afraid.  Or you can try
> lying to your BIOS and telling it that your disk's geometry is 3037/88/63, but
> I doubt that that will work...

I'll try that tomorrow at work. But, if this is a geometry problem,
why can I boot from ad0s1 and ad0s2, but not from ad0s3? Typically
the geometry problems prevent booting from any slice. In addition,
boot0 is working in "packet mode".

Thanks,
-- JMA
****** Jose M. Alcaide  //  jose@we.lc.ehu.es  //  jmas@FreeBSD.org ******
** "Beware of Programmers who carry screwdrivers" --  Leonard Brandwein **