Date:      Sun, 14 Jun 1998 12:42:26 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kkennawa@physics.adelaide.edu.au>
Cc:        Simon Coggins <chaos@oz.org>, ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ssh broken on -current

In message <Pine.OSF.3.90.980615021848.31061A-100000@bragg> Kris Kennaway writes:
: I've fully re-made the source tree (via make all && make install, but
: that should have the same functional effect as make world - right? I
: mean, make world shouldnt be installing anything which make install
: doesnt?)

make all && make install is only the same as make world in some cases.
>From a fresh slate, I think you don't need to do a depend (unless you
say make -j something), but I've been burned once or twice by thinking
this.  If you didn't do a make depend, then many out of date things
might have comingled to cause the problem.  Also, make world tries
really hard to cope with the strangenesses in build tools over
FreeBSD's timeline.  Usually this doesn't matter,e but there have been
loads of changes to the build tools lately.

Warner