Date:      Wed, 13 May 2009 11:57:18 -0500
From:      Jon Loeliger <jdl@jdl.com>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Building boot2 for ixp425

Follow up question...

> The instructions say:
>
>     Build a kernel configured to mount the file system from ad0. This is
>     most easily done by copying the AVILA config file and stripping out
>     the BOOTP* options.
>
> Which I did, placing a new "BOOT2" config file in /usr/src/sys/arm/conf.

I forgot to ask the important question here.

By the phrase "Build a kernel configured to ..." here, does it
really mean a whole new "make buildworld" like this:

    make KERNCONF=BOOT2 TARGET=arm TARGET_CPUTYPE=xscale \
                    TARGET_BIG_ENDIAN=true buildworld

or perhaps just:

    make KERNCONF=BOOT2 TARGET=arm TARGET_CPUTYPE=xscale \
                    TARGET_BIG_ENDIAN=true buildkernel

    make KERNCONF=BOOT2 TARGET=arm TARGET_CPUTYPE=xscale \
                    TARGET_BIG_ENDIAN=true DESTDIR=/some/where \
		    installkernel

within the existing (from nanobsd) environment?

Thanks,
jdl